The Duchess Has Arrived

Her time here is fleeting, but her beauty is memorable.
The Peony is the Duchess of the Cottage Garden.


Holding court in my garden are the queens – the Roses; the ladies in waiting – the Iris – and the duchesses – the Peony.


I have been loving the combination of pink and blue – having Pinned a few beautiful photos lately, so I decided to showcase the Duchess against some lovely blue items in my home. 
My dear friend Maria gifted these two platters to me recently – I love their soft blue color and the detail.



I have seen photos of Peonies in blue mason jars and found it quite charming, a casual setting for my Peony.


She also looks good in silver –


 There are many flowering perennials that make a garden a cottage garden – in mine, I will always have roses, iris and peonies.




The Peony is just as much at home in a country kitchen setting as she is in a formal tablescape






 or sweetly, contentedly remaining in the Cottage garden.