My garden after the rain


Quite a storm marched its way through our area yesterday




beginning in the early evening.


I was outdoors weedingan occupation I will be taking on for the forseeable future
The sky began to darken -


 the air became still and the birds ceased their singingI knew by the forecast 
that severe storms were on their wayso I began to clean up my work 
and to bring my tools inside.






After the tumult of the evening and in a moment of quiet the birds begin to sing 
and to find their spot on our lawn searching for those worms who are sure 
to have risen. The sky still looks forbodingbut I wanted to venture 
out to see how things fared the night


There's just something about the garden after a rainwhether 
it be a gentle soak or a thunderous downpour...



I always felt that rainwater was better for our gardens than tap water - 
and I see I am not alone in this thought - 




some have suggested that rainwater has the same PH as does the soil - 
which makes perfect sense - 







Tap water on the other hand may have a higher PH and is full of chemicals - 
I am now considering a few rainbarrels to catch the 
rain as it falls from our house.


Some say the grass and the flowers seem more alive after a rain.
I believe that to be true.


Isn't it a wonderful thing, the rain nourishes the land
the flowers wake and drink it all in




  and in turn
our souls are nourished by the beauty God creates.

Speaking of beauty, my husband was cleaning up an old
Crape Myrtle at the church. He brought back these pieces-
he thought we could do something with them. I love their 
color and their shape.
We are planning to make a rustic arbor out of them.


Beauty in rain and in the things the rain produces.