A Garden




All In White













While dreaming and planning for the upcoming seasons in my garden, I was inspired by a notion of creating an all white garden.


 I have seen beautiful examples from time to time, but I was not sure if I could pull it off in our garden.


Last summer, I shared with you that I had painted several of my garden statues, our birdbath and a rose arbor in white.


I also created these pots 


and filled them with white mums, inspired by one of my favorite authors, Carolyn Roehme.


Exploring the idea further, I have come across some very possible ideas. 




I have created a number of garden rooms, to help me to journal the progress in my garden and to assist me in noting where I’ve worked and where I have yet to work.


This spring, I would like to take a small corner in my garden and create a white garden. I think I will begin around our Oakleaf Hydrangea.


 I have already created a Fairy Tale garden there by adding this mirror, I think it would be marvelous to surround this shrub with white flowers.


I think it would be interesting too finding plants with interesting foliage – variegated and silver.


Wouldn’t it be enchanting to incorporate flowers that bloom at night – I can just imagine the ethereal ambiance this would create.



Here are some white flowers you can consider for your garden:  Nicotiana sylvestris, White Admiral phlox, Purity cosmos, dahlia, Ostrich plume asters, azaleas, Silver King Artemesia (silver foliage), White Lightening or White Iceberg roses, White Friendship Gladiolus, Sweet Alyssum, Escholtzia californica (poppy), and Pee Gee Hydrangeas just to name a few. 

It is fun to dream and it is fun to change things around. I almost like redecorating my garden as much as I do the rooms in our home.


Do you love white in your garden? Would you create an all white garden?